Do you ever still wonder what you want to be when you grow up?
I love what I’m doing right now, but sometimes I wonder what it is I’m meant to be doing in this world…when I. Grow. Up. In those moments, I remind myself that now is where it’s happening…not when I grow up 😉
I was listening to a mentor of mine speak the other day about struggling to find her place in the world when she was in her early twenties. She wanted to do something unique. She wanted to help others. She wanted to do many amazing things. But didn’t know where to start. Sound familiar?
She was given the following advice. You might like to try this for some streamlined inspiration:
- Write an exhaustive list of ALL the things you want to do with your life.
- Then start crossing off all the things you’re doing/want to do…
- because you think they’ll make you money
- because someone told you you should
- that will benefit someone else
- that don’t feel realistic or true to you
- Narrow what’s left down to what makes you feel sparkly and happy inside 🙂
- Thank the other ideas, and release them out to the universe, knowing that at any time you can choose to have them back on your list.
Even if what you’re doing right now isn’t on that passionately inspiring list, turn your perspective around so that at least parts of it fill with you with joy. Do what you do. Live in the moment like a carefree kid and notice things…then even if you’re a professional dishwasher you will notice beauty and wonder! You will notice how the water sparkles on a wineglass and creates mini crystals. You will look in wonder at the streaming glaze patterns on a ceramic mug.
Who wants to grow up anyway? Don’t kids have the most fun and understand living in the moment?
Happy, fun, carefree vibes your way!
Love, Kali x